Today I wanted to share a quick and easy dinner recipe with you guys. I usually rotate my selection on meat/poultry for dinner each night and I admit that I’ve been slacking on groceries as of late, but I had a pack of ground beef to use before I completely ran out. I also knew that I wanted to stay away from making a pasta dish, so with some extra pastries I bought the other day, I decided to make some kind of meat pie; Shepherd’s Pie came to mind obviously! Continue reading for details on ingredients and instructions.
- 1 pack ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 box white mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry – Optional. I used it because I like puff pastry.
- 7-8 golden potatoes
- Cheddar cheese (or your pick, really)
- Seasoning: Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper, meat seasoning.
- [Mashed Potatoes] Skin potatoes and place in pot to boil. Once potatoes are soft enough to be mashed, place them in a large mixing bowl and use a whisk or a fork to mash together. Add butter, cheese, salt & pepper as you desire. I used about 4-6 tbsp of butter in my potatoes.
2. [Filling] In a skillet, lightly brown your ground beef. Add butter (1 tbsp) and your veggies and mix. Add seasoning as you desire.
3. In a baking casserole, line the bottom with beef and layer the mash potatoes above it. Add the puff pastry to cover the potatoes. Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Et voila! Enjoy your food!
Let me know what you think!! It’s delish! No regrets!