I am tapped out you guys. I cannot eat out anymore. – Wow, never imagined I’d say such a thing but that is quite the truth. Ryan is still away for work and lass, I have been single-mommin’ it and it ain’t easy!
With that said, grocery shopping with a little one is quite the challenge, so..I haven’t gone for a good shopping trip in a while. I am now even out of salt, and that never happens in my kitchen -That to me is like bad luck. Things you shouldn’t ever run out in the kitchen consists of staple items like rice, flour, sugar and salt.
Anyway, I prepared a ton of rice vermicelli (bihun) noodles the other night, and I wanted to use it up so I don’t waste. I also had some salmon that I could use for my protein. I knew I wanted something super quick and easy, so I made a turmeric stir fry noodle with pan seared salmon and it was pretty good!
Salmon x 1
Yellow Onions x 2 (Size of a golf ball)
Mushrooms x 1 Handful
Long Korean Peppers x 2
Spinach x 1 Handful
Oyster Sauce (Lee Kum Kee Panda brand)
Light Soy Sauce
2/3 Cup Water
Salt & Pepper
Rice Noodles (Wai Wai brand)
- Sprinkle salmon with salt & pepper and 1 tsp turmeric powder. Rub it in on both sides.
2. In a medium skillet, heat some olive oil and once hot, place salmon in, searing side to side. Cook on medium fire, salmon cooks very fast.
3. Dice onions, slice mushrooms and peppers – Set aside.
4. Take fish out and place onions in. Cook until fragrant. Add mushrooms and peppers to the mix.
5. Add noodles, and then oyster sauce & light soy sauce. Stir them up well.
6. Add 2/3 cups of water and stir till most of the moisture goes away. Add 1 tsps of tumeric powder into noodles.
7. Serve noodles with salmon on top and enjoy!
That’s it folks! I was starving by the time I was done and this dish did not disappoint. It is so easy to make and it took me all in all about 15 minutes!