We did it – We had our housewarming party almost a year into our official move last year. It’s crazy to look back on the year to see so many new changes especially when it felt like the duration of time was entirely condensed given the life changing experiences we went through but nevertheless, here we are and here we celebrate the joyous year we’ve had.
We invited some close friends over and R & I basically grilled (well, R did all the grilling and he commissioned one of our friends to do it too – lol). However, we had quite the spread; from 3 types of chicken, to burgers, salads, salmon, shrimp, brisket, hot dogs & chicken meatballs to pasta and desserts – We had it all. Shameful enough, we didn’t have any photos to show up for it as we were both busy hostessing and entertaining but hopefully next time.
What made it worse was that, Alden caught a fever somewhere in between all of that and now we have a sick child at home forcing me to take the day off yesterday and R today, because his temperature spiked up really high at 102 in one instance. Turns out he has an ear infection and a really bad cold to boot and now our generally happy baby whom doesn’t fuss at all is fussy because he is ill. My poor thing.
On a positive note, I have a new memory card now and I am back to using my DSLR. What I did last night as well, was had a practice round of my cooking video but I wasn’t quite happy with the way it turned out, so I decided to leave it out in the post and let my pictures do all the talking instead.
Anyway, for dinner I used the leftover garlic & herb chicken meatball from the party, and came up with my version of a glorified spaghetti dish..and mind you.. it was very tasty!*
6 – 8 Garlic & Herb Chicken Meatball – You can probably find this already made in the chicken/meat aisle
1 can unsalted diced tomatoes
Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper & Salt
1 red onion & 3 – 4 cloves garlic
Parmesan cheese – Shaved
- In a small frying pan, cook meatballs without oil on low to medium fire.
- In a separate sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once warm, add red onions and cook until fragrant. After that, add the garlic cloves and cook until fragrant as well.
- Add tomatoes from the can and stir in with the onions & garlic mixture. Add 1/3 can of water, using can as measuring device. Add all the seasonings together and let it cook for about 7 minutes then add mushrooms and cook for a few more.
- Once sauce is ready, mix in spaghetti that has been drained to the sauce pan. Chicken meatballs should be ready as well.
- Place the pasta on your plate and serve with 2 – 3 meatballs per serving. For garnish, add shaved Parmesan to complete your dish and enjoy!
I was happy and satisfied with the way it turned out and best of all, i didn’t have to run to the store to get any of the items as they are all items that I normally stock my kitchen with. If you are stumped on a weeknight dinner idea, hopefully this changes it for you.